At Gellerman Orthodontics, we have a plan to give you a Spectacular Smile – but we cannot do it without you! Following these simple guidelines will help you finish up your treatment in a shorter period of time and help you earn points for prizes.
- Keep your regularly scheduled appointments. Every appointment is part of a carefully planned program, personalized just for you and your smile.
- Follow the instructions from Dr. Gellerman and her clinicians for wearing elastics and using appliances. Those little bitty elastics are not mini- rubber bands – they are critical tools for your orthodontic treatment and require proper use.
- If any part of your braces breaks, please call our office at 631-427-8444. We’ll be able to tell if you need to come in soon, or if it can wait until your next visit.
- Take care of your teeth every day with proper brushing and flossing. Braces wearers who don’t keep their teeth sparkling risk tooth decay on and around their brackets. This can lead to white spots. If you are not sure how to best brush or floss with braces, just ask one of our clinicians – they’ll be more than happy to show you!
To encourage our patients as much as possible, Gellerman Orthodontics offers a Spectacular Reward Program where patients win points for:
- Great brushing
- Nothing loose or broken
- Sharing your orthodontics experience with friends and family members
- Seeing your family dentist regularly
- Being on time for appointments
- Wearing orthodontic appliances as instructed
If you have any questions at all, about these treatment tips or any other issues, just call us at 631-427-8444 and we’ll be happy to help!